Monday, January 17, 2011

Scherenschnitte

Have you heard of it?  I doubt it.
 
I love scherenschnitte but you don't see it much these days.  It's the art of paper cutting.  I'm no pro but I've done it a few times in my life.  My favorite thing to do with scherenschinitte is to frame a special photograph.

  Download pattern HERE

Download pattern HERE

I made patterns from these to share because they're almost impossible to find and it would be a fun thing to do for a girl's night - another one of my favorite thing to do!

What you'll need: a letter sized sheet of paper (cardstock or heavier type paper is best), an exacto knife, and a matte for cutting.

How you do it: download the pattern and print it on the WRONG side of the paper you want to use.  Use your exacto knife to cut out all the grey areas so just the white areas are showing.  It's that easy!

Enjoy!